Why SEO is important for your business21/10/2022 | Digital Marketing | 4 minutes
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is key to building brand awareness and putting your website and its content onto the first search engine results page (SERP) but we often don’t understand the depth that SEO goes.
We will be delving into why SEO is vital and the best ways to optimise your content.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic. Organic search is the most prominent way to access online content meaning a thorough SEO strategy is vital to improve traffic.
A great product/service offering paired with SEO helps you to rank higher in Google meaning more visibility on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) and better quality traffic for your website and can mean more sales/leads.
Why is it important?
You may not think so, but every piece of content is crawled by Google to ensure that all website pages can be found through search engines. After crawling a page, Google can produce the highest quality search results to users. Google will crawl your website between 4 and 30 days if the site is being updated regularly.
When a good SEO strategy is deployed alongside a marketing plan, your website will rank higher on search engines. Organic search results are the most relevant to the user’s search query.
What is an SEO audit?
An SEO audit gives you the opportunity to improve a site’s performance. This can involve optimising content, fixing page speed, creating redirects and tackling technical SEO fixes.
There are a range of things you can do to improve SEO on a webpage and one tool that can help with this is Semrush.
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform which enables you to:
- Find what people are searching on Google for
- Create content that is likely to attract traffic
- Identify link-building opportunities
- Fix technical aspects of your site so it achieves higher search rankings
SEO audit checklist
SEO is a vast beast. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but we’ve compiled a short checklist that we often see holding back client’s websites
- Check your organic traffic – With updates from Google, it is important to see the quality of your content
- Check for HTTPS-related issues – you can check if your website is secure if there is a “lock” icon in the address bar
- If you want your pages to rank, make sure they are indexed
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly
- Check page speed
- Broken pages and links can affect SEO. Set up redirects or remove links to aid this.
- Check for sitemap issues
- Every indexable page should have a title tag, meta description and H1 tag. These elements help Google understand your content
- Make sure to crawl your site to check for technical issues
Urban Element’s SEO services
Our team of Google accredited SEO specialists are on hand to help you with anything SEO related. With over 18 years of digital experience, our SEO service gets you ahead of your competitors and noticed by those who matter.
Please get in contact to speak to one of our specialists today.